Who are we?
Knowle West Media Centre (KWMC) is based in South Bristol and supports individuals and communities to get the most out of digital technologies, music, media and the arts.
We provide exciting opportunities for young people to explore and experiment with digital media; offer a range of digital and environmental projects to encourage sustainable living; and organise a regular programme of arts activities.
We are committed to social and digital inclusion and work with a wide range of organisations, individuals and artists to produce media content and explore the role of media arts in communities.
What kind of things do we do?
• KWMC Creative Services offers ethical design services and undertakes professional film commissions for a wide range of clients.
• We deliver a comprehensive Arts Programme of artist residencies, exhibitions and workshops, working with regional, national and international artists whilst maintaining a local focus.
• KWMC Education provides a range of courses, both inside and outside school, that complement the National Curriculum and offers opportunities for enjoyable and practical creative learning.
• The ‘Imagination Station’ programme gives young people the opportunity to experiment with a range of media in an informal, after-school setting.
• Our Green & Digital Neighbourhoods team promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of using digital technology and support people in sustainable living through projects and events.
• KWMC's straw-walled building houses high-end media facilities including a studio/exhibition space, 2 conference rooms, training and edit suites, a sound recording room and a digital dark-room, all of which can be hired.