Arts Programme Spring-Autumn 2010
• Media Hothouse - an exciting new project for 16-25 year olds, offering the opportunity to work with media professionals to realise your creative ideas.
We welcomed 5 artists to work in residence with us this year:
• Michelle Wren
• Gavin McClafferty experimented with thermite reactions
• Andrew Jackson produced photographic portraits of women in Knowle West
• Justin Quinnell disseminated long-exposure pinhole cameras across the Knowle West area).
• Read Matthew Olden's blog
• Fashionate: "A Knowle West Side Story" - the Fashionate team, young women aged 16-20, produced 2 sell-out fashion shows in April 2010.
• Talks 2010
'How does contemporary art work?' In March 2010 KWMC held 3 talks exploring context, simulation and intervention
• Urban Portraits exhibition ran from 23 April - 21 May
• Screenings 2010
A trio of films from German director Wim Wenders
Paris, Texas, Radio On & Alice in the Cities